SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mlhayes27

Help with family room off an open kitchen!

M Hayes
7 years ago

Hi, I'm new to this forum :) I lurked in the kitchen forum for awhile when I remodeled my kitchen, and now in need of a fresh set of eye(s) for my family room adjacent to the kitchen. It is furnished now, but I am wondering if it is too small for a floating couch in the layout? I want to make the most out of the space.

I am open to ideas for rearranging, or even ideas that involve scrapping certain parts of what I already have or adding other pieces of furniture. I have four kids (ages 12-2) and we do entertain a lot. Also, we do have a larger living room with more seating, this is definitely the secondary room.

I want it to be a room where my kids can hang out, I definitely need the desk in there, and also need entryway storage of some sort (currently using the ikea hemnes shoe cabinet. Hubby hates that though, I am thinking about adding a built-in mudroom type of bench with hooks and shelves above.

**I am trying to find a better room in the house for the giant easel, it was a gift and goes mostly unused but I would feel guilty getting rid of it!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments (2)