SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
need2seegreen

rambling post which may have no point (FLF)

Well, you know how it's said that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone?

Well, it's gone and I still don't know for sure... though it *grew up* to be an FLF.

What was different about it was, it looked nothing like the ones I see now when it was young. I bought it many years ago at the much-missed Mordigan's, back when it was still next to the Farmers Market here.

I don't know if they grew it from seed (or I guess, bought it from someone who did? could've been either though)? At the time, I just accepted it but in retrospect, it was like a miniature tree. It was probably less than a foot tall when I got it, and it had multiple trunks. It was in probably a 4 inch pot. When I say multiple trunks, there were at least 4 or 5, on this tiny plant, which also makes me think seed. The leaves were tiny too, proportional to the overall size.

In other words, I don't think it was grown from a cutting. Does this make sense?

I have been on the hunt for another and I see nothing even close. And I can't even find seed, which I hear is a challenge anyhow. I tried to track down the former owner online but no luck. (The landowners built over almost every square inch of extra space.) And it would probably be rude anyway.

I don't have any objection to them when they are large... they are gorgeous ... but growing the baby one was to me kind of magical. (Unfortunately I had no idea what I was doing. It is gone now.)

If anyone ever comes across something like this, please let me know.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022