SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joeblfsk

A gift from Matthew ?

jofus, ( Englewood, Fl zone 10a )
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Finally, after a two day hiatus due to Matthew, I finally walked out back an hour ago to my small banana plantation for a brief inspection. Was just ready to walk back inside after verifying my four Goldfinger stalks were still lookin' good, when I looked at the next in line, - the tall goldfinger that is now only a couple of inches shorter than the 4 pregnant ones. Looked at it hard, like an osprey, from 15 ft away,...hmmm, a denser middle than..., hey, could it be ? Had to walk right up to the 6 ft tall guy, then was forced to lift one of the 3 ft wide leaves, and THERE IT WAS ! A new 18 in long plump crimson flower poking it's pointed head out at the sky !

When I regained my composure, and thanking Matthew ( and Mother Nature ) for all the rain,...I realized that this is my FIFTH ( 5th ) emerging stalk in the last 3 1/2 months !!! Could only mutter " When it rains it pours " as I walked back inside.
Am honestly now at the point that I may have to ask Mother Nature to " Chill out old lady,..you're inundating me,..no more, OK ? "

Gotta start getting in shape, looks like a plethora of 'nana's to harvest coming up soon,..hard work for a retiree like me ! Will be muttering my favorite song these days....

Day-o, day-o
Daylight come and me wan' go home
Day, me say day, me say day, me say day
Me say day, me say day-o

Work all night on a drink of rum
Stack banana till de morning come

Come, Mister tally man, tally me banana
Come, Mister tally man, tally me banana

Lift six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch
Six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch
Daylight come and me wan' go home...

Anybody out there want some bananas ? ( smile )

Comments (26)