SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coops905

Which speed oven is most like a regular oven?

H202
7 years ago

Thinking that a speed oven plus single wall oven might solve some planning dilemmas in our new kitchen.

Realistically, we would be using the speed oven as a traditional oven and rarely as a microwave. Our current traditional oven gets turned on several times a week - for roasting veggies, fish, making mac & cheese from scratch, etc. Plus, I do a LOT of baking. Pies, cakes, etc, several times a week. It is rare that we would ever use the oven for traditional frozen food (like a frozen lasagne or pizza) or reheating.

I'm looking at reviews of speed ovens and 95% of them are people using them as fancy microwaves - frozen lasagna type stuff. So their glowing reviews aren't really relevant to my needs. I'm trying to weed through the reviews to find the speed oven that works really well as a standard oven.

I realize most speed ovens have a "convection oven" feature. But so did our microwave in the 1980s. It was still a microwave - buttons and features like a microwave.

I would like a speed oven that involves the least adjustment from a regular oven. I would love to find one that had a totally traditional oven feature (like, not just convection -- but a true oven) so i could just use all my baking recipes without having to re-tool them for convection purposes. If the best i'm going to get is a convection feature, i'd like a speed oven that at least operates like a traditional oven when it's in convection mode (versus a microwave with convection feature).

Everyone on this site keeps saying that each speed oven does different things -- but none of the manufacturers make it clear what those difference are.

Can anyone help a girl out?

Comments (7)