SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19755260

OT, but very exciting, to me at least!

User
7 years ago

Hi - Just had to share with the Rose Forum my wonderful experience with horticultural vinegar! The good people on the organic gardening forum turned me on to the existence of this fantastic product. You see, I vowed to give up using RoundUp because it is so damaging, and was resigned to hand-pulling even poison ivy and the like. But one thing I couldn't figure out was how to make my wildflower bed work. Every fall I would use RoundUp to kill all the weeds, then sow the flower seed in Feb. Given this short time frame, smothering them wouldn't work, and the area is just too big to hand pull. Well, on the organic forum's advice, I got some horticultural vinegar online, mixed it with a little dish-soap, and sprayed the plot. As of today, all the weeds are dead! Honestly, it works every bit as well as RoundUp does, and its not harmful to the environment! (Its cheaper, too!) Now I'm excited to try it on PI and Pokeweed and so on. I don't know if it has the same "drift" dangers as RoundUp, so to be safe I sprayed on a very still day. Anyway, I just thought this might be useful knowledge for some of you who might be struggling with difficult weed situations!

Comments (8)