SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fool4flowers

OT: So excited have to share something

fool4flowers
15 years ago

I have two half sisters that I haven't seen since I was 5 or 6 years old. After my father died we moved and lost track of his side of the family and with all the marriage name changes none of us have been able to find each other again. My sister found a website with a family tree on our grandmothers side and we were able to trace down to all of us but we were the last ones on there. It had our lost sisters married names so at last we had a lead. I had been looking for my only living aunt for a long time and used to talk to her when I was younger but I thought they had passed away since when I called information or checked the internet I couldn't find a listing in their town. Well I looked again and it listed another town name but I thought I'd try it anyway. It was them! The name of the town changed, lol. They are 87 and 86 and still remembered me and had the address and phone number for my half sisters who they said had been looking for us for years as well. I finally got to talk to one of my sisters after more than 30 years! She sent me a pic of her family and her daughter looks just like my oldest sister that I grew up with. I hope we can arrange to meet somehow. Her older sister is in really bad health so I haven't gotten to speak to her yet. The one I talked to is the only one I remember. The other one was already married and living in Tennessee. Just wanted to share my excitement with you all.

Comments (31)