SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfb

Color palette - I'm excited, just have to share

Lil B
14 years ago

I know that you may not be able to tell much from looking at a photo of paint colors. But I think I'm finally narrowing down wall paint colors for my kitchen. In some earlier posts, I believe I have posted floor plans and house sketches. I've been debating the living room wall color, since the kitchen is adjacent and somewhat open. I can't decide between something like BM Palladian Blue or BM Mint Chocolate Chip.

I put together this image of mostly my kitchen selections. I'm still undecided on the cabinet glazing colors. I'm going to do an experiment with colored glazes (light green, light yellow, light orange) on some sample trim. If that doesn't work out, I'll most likely choose some shade of brown.

All the paint colors that I'm looking at are BM. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions? What other photos would you need to see to consider? I went a shade lighter of yellow after the suggestion of the BM guy. When I tested a sample of a darker shade, then I thought it was too much. I hope the Cream Yellow is the right amount of yellow without being overly "perky".

General view from Kitchen into Breakfast Room. Living Room opening is at the left, and 1st floor Master, Powder Room, and stairs are at right.

Comments (11)