SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Chairs for Stickley mission oak dining table

Sueb20
7 years ago

Looking for regular dining chairs for our dining room table -- what a concept! After a few years of treating the space as more of a library, we have decided we really need it to function more as a dining room.

Here is a not-great pic of the room a while back. We will put one leaf in the table so it's oval. Most of the time we'll only have 4 chairs here, but we will add 1-2 at times.

The love seat (which has turned out to be lousy quality) and the random green chair will go, and the bar cabinet in the corner will move to another wall in the same room.

I don't want Stickley chairs. I want coordinating but not matching. I have found that Room and Board walnut wood furniture mixes well with this Stickley oak finish, which we also have in another room. So, so far I am liking this chair, though I haven't sat in it yet.

I sat in a similar sized chair (2" narrower) in another store and liked the scale and comfort of it, but wasn't totally thrilled about the color of the upholstery or the leg finish. Of course, the R&B chair is 3x the price of the one below.

Thoughts? Other chairs you have seen that might work?

PS Wall color, rug, window treatments -- all staying as is! Also, the fabric on the top chair is changeable -- they have lots of options. The fabric on the second chair is the only one available.

Comments (30)