SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmcgowan35

ISO Dishwasher Feedback: Bosch vs KA vs Miele

chicagoans
7 years ago

I'm replacing my 8 year old Jenn-Air DW that I've been rather dissatisfied with for a few years. I'd like something stainless that cleans and dries well, has hidden controls (door top), and includes a basket. (The way I empty the DW, I carry the basket of flatware and gadgets to their respective drawers, which are near their point of use rather than next to the DW.) Reading reviews of my top choices has made me nuts, as of course there are stellar reviews and stinkers for every model. I'd love input from anyone who uses one of the following.

I went to Pirch thinking I'd for sure want a Miele as they seem to be thought of highly here. Looked at the Miele Crystal (G 6165 SCVi) and I'm underwhelmed (don't like the dark stainless, just OK with the handle, no basket, narrower than my existing cabinet.)

The Bosch 7 Series (SHX7PT55UC) has a nicer look than the Miele and has many nice features that I would like. I'm concerned that it is narrower than my existing cabinet -- I am NOT going to change out my custom cabinets.

I was surprised by also liking the KitchenAid 254 Series (KDTE254ESS.) (Surprised because I had a crappy experience with a KA DW prior to the Jenn-Air but that was several years ago.) The KA has the features I want, a handle that would look good with my refrigerator, warming drawer, and oven, and is the same width as my current DW. The Pirch rep said that KA is now ranked the highest for dishwashers; that surprised me (but that's just one guy saying that.)

If I have Pirch do the installation, the typical 1 year warranty is extended to 3 years for any of these, which gives me some peace of mind. I will likely sell this house in 3-4 years.

Any advice from the experts here?

TIA!

Comments (10)