SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missouribound

List with realtor before or after Labor Day weekend? and more

missouribound
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

There seems to be a lot of emphasis here (locally) on how many days a house has been on the market. Would we would be better off listing now or waiting until next week? I know 6 days isn't very long for fsbo, but we've only had one showing, lots of realtor calls and texts, and dh is going hunting this weekend, so I won't show the house unless I have a neighbor come over to be with me. So this weekend is kind of wasted for fsbo anyway.

Is Labor Day weekend typically slow?

Edited to add: When choosing a realtor, what should be most important to me, the price they can get, or trust in them? I know it is recommended not to use a friend because it can ruin friendships. But what about using the realtor that we used to buy our new place? Over the past few months, we have really come to like and trust him, but I don't know if he is a "go getter". He works for a broker that deals mainly with farms, ranches, and large tracts of land, though they do smaller things like our house too.

There is a nearby house that sold quickly, and I talked to that agent. She sounds like she is that "go getter" and is the one who said her houses usually sell in 7 days. She is in the city, and we are in a small town in an adjoining county. I used to hear her name mentioned on a local real estate program, so I know her name is well-known. Plus, a lot of people are moving here from the city these days. Would city people contact their local realtor when they were looking for a country home, or would they contact a realtor in that county?

Comments (21)