SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biwako_of_abi

Newly-updated Firefox (47.0.1) causing trouble?

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

At least, I assume that is the cause. All of my Add-ons have disappeared, among them "Scrapbook," and everything I saved in it. I can't even remember all the Add-ons I had, and there must have been about 7 or 8. Has this happened to anyone else, or should I suspect a virus or something? I have AVG and ran Malwarebytes and MSE, as well as TrendMicro's Housecall, and non of them found anything wrong, and I even did a system restore just in case. There has been no indication that any of my Add-ons were now incompatible with the latest version of FF, either. Usually they have remained on the list, but greyed out or something to show that they are not functioning. This time I just get a box with the stark notice that there are no Add-ons here.

I've just found that I can get at the things I have saved in Scrapbook by a method slightly different from the one I used to use. But I just can't "Save page as" anymore. That is probably because all my Add-ons got erased. When I try to download and install a new one (or reinstall one I had), it seems to freeze on the download and never gets installed, which means until this is resolved, I can't save any new pages, either.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Comments (15)