SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joeblfsk

When it rains, it pours ! ( sometimes )

jofus, ( Englewood, Fl zone 10a )
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Have had a slow growing Goldfinger banana " plantation " here for almost 6 years, using RR ties to create a raised bed.
Nothing to get excited about,..only a few stalks in all that time.
So lately, after all the mango's dropped awhile ago, ( all except one brave Kent that I just plucked ), I decided to uproot & throw out all of the smaller pups, however, once in awhile I'd take more care, preserving the roots, - then giving it away to a friend. Just cannot throw out a healthy, transplantable banana pup,..goes against my basic instincts ! ( smile )

So I now have five large ( 6 1/2 + ft tall ) Goldfingers that I could not dig up, - couldn't help it, started watching them like an osprey. Then 2 weeks ago I saw it. On the tallest guy, YIKES, - a big fat flower poking out at me ! Doesn't take much to wow this city slicker ! lol

And furthermore,...that was 2 1/2 weeks ago,..AND IT NOW LOOKS LIKE A NINE ( 9 ) HAND STALK !! In the past, have only had a few 7 hands and a couple with 8 hand's. Just curious, anyone out there ever see a nine hand one ? Now the best part, within 15 feet are four more huge, well fertilized Goldfinger plants ( can't call 'em pups anymore ),..and with Mother Natures help ( all the recent glorious rain ), all four of these guys look like they're about to poke more flowers at me !
Yikes,..but like they say,..sometimes, in my case once in a looong time,...when it rains, it pours ! ( smile )

Comments (7)