SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Installing new overlight light fixture in master bedroom

Sueb20
7 years ago

Is this as simple as I think it should be? Our master bedroom has no overhead light fixture. About 15 years ago, we renovated the room and added onto it, and for some crazy reason we did not install an OH light. Instead, the light switch is tied to an outlet on the far end of the room -- when we flip the switch, a floor lamp comes on. It has NEVER been enough light for the room, which is fairly big. especially in winter when it's dark by 5 pm. If I have to do anything in the room after dark, I have to flip on the floor lamp plus both bedside lamps, and the room is still dim. The space over our bedroom is an unfinished attic. So it should be fairly simple (for an electrician, I mean, not DIY) to run the wires for a center ceiling fixture, right?

In addition, if you have an overhead light in your bedroom that you love, would you show me a pic? Now that this idea has potential, I am obsessing over fixtures. Our house is a 1920s Colonial, but the furniture in our bedroom is more contemporary. For example, this is our main dresser.

Comments (40)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!