SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lookingonthebrightside

Dining Room Progress/Update

texanjana
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I wanted to check in since so many of you have been so helpful to me at the beginning of my DR update. I was laid low part of the week by a virus, so am behind on my progress. However, I did put a second coat of primer on, ordered a bunch of fabric and some blind samples, and picked up a few more paint samples. As of now, I have decided to go rugless, but might add a light colored one later. Here are inspiration pics:

I picked up samples of BM Windham Cream and SW Jersey Cream today. I was a little dismayed that they couldn't make up samples of any of the more yellow creams in samples, but whatever. I just KNEW one of these would be perfect, but they just look kind of blah beige in the room. It faces south, and there's a lot of oak floor plus the cherry furniture. Anyway, I'll keep moving the samples around today to see what I think.

I am thinking now that I may need to go with a blue or green paint tone, but I know that will accentuate the cherry. I will go pick up some more paint samples in the next few days. Ugh.

In the meantime, I brought this painting into the DR from our MBR, thinking I could use it in the DR and it might give me some inspiration. I do like it, and it would be nice to put it where other people besides DH and I will see it.

Here it is with Windham Cream (left) and Jersey Cream (rt).

I have also made progress on the contents of the china cabinet-polished the silver, washed the crystal, and have gotten rid of some stuff.

Before

Primed and Ready for Paint

Thanks for reading, I will be back next week with more paint samples, and am open to suggestions. PS This room seemed small to me until I started priming it. Ha ha!

Comments (38)