SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
makeithome_gw

My dining room / kitchen progress

makeithome
12 years ago

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I have posted pics of my home. Hubby and I both suffered some serious burnout, so we took a break from the DIYing for a while.

Now we're back at it and I figured I would share pics of our dining room so far and our kitchen so far. I also posted pics of our kitchen on the kitchen forum.

Many people here tried to talk me out of the new chandelier in the dining room... but I went with my gut and I am glad I did. I don't even know how you would define the style of the chandy, but I feel like it works in the space.

I also bought and hung the Ballard mirror that someone here had suggested for the room. It works perfectly! It is especially stunning at night when I set the chandy really dim because the mirror reflects back all the crystals a hundred times over, like a kaleidoscope.

I still need to put up my gallery wall in the dining room to bring in some color and interest on the other wall. I also want to paint the inside of the corner cabs and add some colorful accessories. In due time I guess :)

The kitchen isn't done, but it's functional. I still need to install new baseboards, new flooring, a new fan, some lighting over the stove and buy a smaller island. And bring in more COLOR!!!

Dining room when we moved in:

Dining room now:

Kitchen when we moved in:

Kitchen now:

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Comments (19)