SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_22590553

Do you calibrate your monitor?

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I started messing around with it tonight and wish I wouldn't have. It was one of those things where I was going to be online for about 5 min. looking something else up because I have other things to do and then, for some reason, thought it would be a good night to adjust the calibration! Started with some online instruction ended up being overly detailed and I kind of stopped half way. Tried something else. Finally I messed with the step by step calibrator on my computer. I don't feel confident it's 100% correct and my photos, mainly the warmer black and white photos that I love, are a bit darker and showing a slight green cast.

I know you can buy a calibration software, but even the cheap ones aren't really cheap. I still may end up going that route. I'm done for the night. I guess I'll send some prints off different places for comparisons.

I also had the brightness on my screen low and got used to it apparently. Don't know what exactly it was set at, but now it's 32 any my eyes are hurting. Actually I just realized my whole face is hurting so it's probably sinus related. The joy.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County