SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19089813

Return of Investment for Remodeling

User
7 years ago

A 3000 sqft house, sits on 0.3 acre, down the street from us recently sold to a flipper. The sold price was $575k.

The new owner is in the process of remodeling it, the changes including:

1. Replace every single windows. and entire flooring.

2. Stripped bare to wall and redoing 2 1/2 bathrooms and utility room. Masterbathroom will have a rainshower head in shower area and a stand alone bath tub.

3. Stripped kitchen bare to wall and raised ceiling. The kitchen will have new cabinets, counter top, appliances and new fixtures.

The flipper is experienced, and has a realtor taking care of all of his transaction. He mentioned to me that he hoped the house would sell for $750K. According to a realtor who specializes in the neighborhood, confirmed the sold price and this project selling price is in line with recent sales.

The neighborhood is super popular for its great location and for its top high, middle and elementary schools.

I thought if everything according to the plan, the ROI is low. I must have missed something.....May I ask folks who are experienced in remodeling and seasoned realtors to enlighten me based on the numbers provided here.

Your inputs will be very helpful to us in deciding if we should update our kitchen and sell the house afterwards, or stay put.

Thank you in advance for the feedback.

Comments (28)