SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucy132

Who pays for this mistake?

lucy132
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I have a contractor putting in a new bathroom in my master. It has been a nightmare. The original timeframe was 30-45 days, it has been almost four months. The tiling sub that he sent in did such a horrible job that it had to be ripped out and redone. In the meantime he left my house in such shambles it still isn't completely cleaned up. The accent tile I originally chose was not available for 12 weeks so I had to select something else (it is less expensive but I have let that go). They have damaged all kinds of things - existing trim, the finial on my banister, my floors that were refinished less than a year ago etc etc.

Latest problem - I told him last Monday that I expected it to be finished by next Friday and asked if there was any reason that couldn't happen. He agreed they would finish by next Friday so there has been a flurry of activity here this week.

I travel all week for work. I went to look at the progress this morning. The vanity was installed - however, it has the wrong sink. I signed off on a rectangular sink and it has an oval sink.

The invoice for this vanity is $1800 so I am paying a lot for something I don't want. But, the thought of waiting another 3-4 weeks for a replacement makes me feel like I will have a stroke.

Can the sink be switched out or do I need a new vanity?

If I have to accept this sink to get this job done what concession can I expect? I have emailed my contractor this morning to ask him how he is going to fix this but have not heard back. I really feel like I'm losing my mind. TIA.

Comments (15)