SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis_ma

Raspberry Cobbler recipe???

artemis_ma
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

This is the last year I'll be able to dine off my wild raspberry patch, since I will be moving and with great hope will be selling off my current home. Because wild raspberries, despite being so MUCH more delicious than anything in the supermarket, are seriously invasive -- I'm not bringing any part of this patch with me to my new home. (I already have to deal with the thorny invasive Japanese barberry there...)

My mother had an awesome recipe for this -- but she is no longer with us.

I know I can google recipes, but I want something that doesn't depend on oodles of sugar. Something on the more tart side of life (which is what she made). I know I'll have to buckle down and break my resolution NOT to cook gluten-containing foods at home, but my goal is to make it as close to the way as she made it, then play around with the recipe to create a bona-fide excellent gluten-free cobbler.

Back in the day, in the 70's -- we collected wild raspberries on our vacations in Maine. The wild raspberries I have here are sisters in flavor to those.

(I don't *Have* to be gluten-free -- but after reading Wheat Belly, I just prefer to choose this for my home cooking endeavors. But for this project, since I'm intending to re-create Mom's recipe first before adapting, wheat flour will work fine.)

Comments (23)