SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alwaysonabudget

Weathered Brown or Bone for front door? Help!

alwaysonabudget
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

HOA painted our homes and the only choice they gave us was what color to paint the front front door. Either the same color as he garage door or 4 other colors, a forest green, navy, crimson or dark brown.

The three things I am having an issue with is-

1. Our terra cotta cement porch and driveway,

2. The interior colors of the home (cream, beige, black, brown - I prefer tone on tone and layering vs bold accent colors.

3. The wood screen door that's utilized to create a breeze through the house in the evening after a warm day. We live in Southern California. I am concerned about how an actual "color" will look in both vs. the white we have had for the last 15 years.

We are pretty firm on ruling out Crimson (IMO, looks off with the terra cotta porch/driveway, as well as for fading issues as the door gets direct sun half of the day), dark green (it reminds me of the 80-90's hunter green fad) navy blue (will clash with interior when door is propped open).

That leaves Bone (Dunn Edwards DEC765) which is the same color they painted the garage door, or Weathered Brown (Dunn Edwards DEC756). I like the idea of the brown, however I'm not certain it will look good with the trim or on both the door and screen door.

Either way, my plan is to have the screen door the same color as the front door.

Thoughts?

I'll post my actual front porch in the first post and then the colors in the second post.

Thanks!!

Comments (18)