SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jim_1

I just cannot do this!

jim_1 (Zone 5B)
7 years ago

I am reading a book of fiction. The protagonist has been referred to a psychologist. The goal is to bring up repressed memories without using hypnosis.

Here's the scene: the good guy has been told to make himself comfortable as he lies one a couch/settee/bed/whatever. The slow breathe in, hold it and release has happened. Absolute quiet for three minutes.

"Let us begin."

"Now it want you to imagine you are at your favorite place in all the world. The place where you feel most at home, most comfortable. Take a minute to place yourself there. Now turn around, examine your surroundings. Sample the air. Take in the scents, the sounds. Now, tell me: What do you see?" (Direct quotes from the book.)

OK...at age 70, I have traveled to many place around the world. I had to stop and think, but from my first home (NE Ohio) until now, I have lived in 35 places (Yikes! But that includes my four years in the U.S. Navy). I have taken 36 cruises. I have been in some wonderful places and experienced some fantastic things.

Yet...I cannot visualize a 'favorite place in all the world."

Can you? Please relate!

Comments (36)