SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniel_cluley_orlando_fl_9b

Caudiciform Addiction Intensifying

Daniel Cluley (Orlando, FL 9b)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello all,

I am new to this forum after in recent years starting a small collection of Caudiciform plants that I am tending to on my apartment porch in Orlando, FL. It started with a ponytail palm, some Euphorbia, and a couple of Wally World adenium plants. Turns out, these are some of the hardiest decent looking plants. I found that my neglect was tolerated and I did not kill them. I really looked forward to their blooms every year. After doing some research about how to better care for these plants, I came upon GardenWeb/Houzz forums. This has led me to increase my collection. Now I have several varieties of adenium, a fockea edulis, some pachypodium sundersii, and just ordered a jabily bonsai plant that I am looking forward to. I think I am getting addicted to these awesome fat rooted plants!

Here are some photos of my mini porch garden now:

And one of the little Wally-World survivors that started it all is still here. I really love how the roots looked on this little guy after I did some research on these plants and raised him up. It looks like an ancient spider and is really complex. This interesting little plant is one that really kicked of the addiction, LOL:

I am still learning how to best take care of these guys and need to do some TLC and pruning once the blooms fall off. Hope to keep taking care of these cool plants for many years.

- Dan

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz