SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
travissward4

How Much Can I Sell My Okra For?

Travis Ward
7 years ago

I live in Tallahassee Florida and I can grow tons of okra. This year I am planning on planting a lot of it for selling because it is easy to grow and produces till frost in my area (zone 8b). I was wondering how much I can sell it for? This year I sold some green beans to the farmers market near me and I suspect I was being ripped off by the price he was paying me for my green beans because one, he would not tell me the price that others were selling theirs for and two, he would only give me seven dollars for a five gallon bucket full! That seems really low for the quality of the beans I was selling him. I want to avoid being ripped off if or when I sell my okra to him. If anyone knows how much I could get off of my okra then please let me know. If the guy at my farmers market will not buy it for a reasonable price I will probably just put a sign up on the side of the road which leads me to another question should I sell it by the pound or the bushel? I told the man at the farmers market I am growing okra and he is very interested in buying it. I have never seen any one growing okra in my area and never seen it fresh at any of the farmers markets, it is always already cut up and packaged. That man really wants to buy it but I'm not going to give it away like I did the green beans. Any advice that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Travis

Comments (10)