SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
albisson01

Help with kitchen Layout, complete remodel!

Andre-Luc Bisson
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi,

My wife and I decided that we want to completely redo our kitchen. We want to change the layout to maximize the utility of the kitchen and we really need some help in designing the layout (a lot). We have a cabinet maker on standby so we don't have to go "standard". We are willing to do a major reno, thus removing/moving walls around.

Just for your info, we thought we had a good layout, but quickly realized on Houzz that the layout would not be possible. http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/3939603/100-custom-kitchen-design-feedback-appreciated-solid-walnut-slabs#17605740

A must -- Landry room/mud room can't change (but entrance can). We want casual sitting for 4 people / a large prep surface for baking / and room for all the appliances (they have been chosen but not purchased). Keep in mind that the furniture in these pictures are not our current furniture.

Before Kitchen

This is the current dinning room (behind the wall where the oven is)

This is the current office which is located behind the fridge wall.

As for the rest of the ground floor,

you have the main entrance and living room below:

The current plans and dimension are as follows:

The only thing I really had trouble drawing were the stairs for the basement. They are under the stairs to go up, but they start just outside the dinning room. Please see picture; (office in front, dinning room to the right, kitchen top right, bathroom top left and stairs to basement on the left.

What we want (about us)

We are a family of 4 that loves to cook and bake. We want the kitchen to be a central spot where I can cook while the kids do their homework or eat breakfast. The house is on a hill and have a fabulous view towards the south.

Appliances: 36 gas cooktop / 30 double oven / 32 double sink / mini bar fridge / 34x30 deep fridge.

I'm really looking for functional kitchen.

We are willing to consider removing the wall between the dinning room and kitchen and moving the structural wall into the office by about 3 feet.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County