SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susie53_gw

Son's New Home.

susie53_gw
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Talk about a nightmare in buying a house, my son was in one. They looked at the house about 6 weeks ago. They went back two weeks later and looked at it again. The first time there were 2 rooms that they could not see inside. The second time there was one in the basement. The house needed some work so they took our son-in-law that is a general contractor with them. My son wanted to check in the room that was locked. My son-in-law opened the door. The guy was growing pot in the house. Oh my.. Our son made an offer on the house but the guy turned it down. He wanted full asking price of $495,900. Our son then offered that. The house is almost 5000 sq feet with a huge basement and a 50' X 80' barn on 14 acres. Just what they were looking for.

Well, they were to have a final walkthru and close 2 days later. The night before the closing their realtor called and said it was off due to a $75,000 lein on the property. So back to square one!! Our son tried to meet up with the guy and offer more money. Once again the deal was on. Son gave them $15,000 more. They were to have a walkthru and closing the next morning at 9:00. The woman that owned the house got arrested over that weekend so they couldn't close until 5:00 that evening. For some reason the guy homeowner gave his realtor his power of attorney. That ended up being a great thing.. This realitor hired a moving, mowing and cleaning crew the night before the closing. They came in at midnight and finished up at 6 that evening. The kids went out at 7:30 and found the homeowner asleep on pillows covered up on the master bedroom flor. They left and went back later and he was gone.

This house was bought for them by the ladies sister. She had won a huge lottery years back. They had borrowed for a business, had two mortgages and the $75,000 lein against the house. They walked away with $2,700.00 in their pocket. So sad. The guy came out and talked with our son. He said both sides of their family had refused to help them. Can anyone gues why? He thanked our son for the extra money. I hate to tell him but that money won't go far when you are all jacked up on dope. He does cocaine, too.

They lived like kings and queens. He had 5 motorcycles, 6 tractors, 4 huge mowers, drove a Lincoln Navagater and a high dollar van. The guy had an industrial cleaning business but due to his drug use he can no longer do it. They have a 23 year old son that won't work either. What do they expect.? The house was to be foreclosed on twice and somehow got it taken care of. When the kids bought it, it was getting ready to be foreclosed on again.

it is an absolutely beautiful house. Our daughter-law bought 32 gallons of paint on Friday. Everything has to be primed due to the smoke and smell. I can't wait to see it when it is done.. The house sold at one time for $750,000. It will be worth it again when they get it finished.

i tried to add a picture of the house but couldn't get it to post.

Comments (23)