SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wcdoran

Help for my son's first home...paint color

wcdoran
2 years ago

Hello! My son and his fiance recently purchased their first home. The entire interior is painted light brown (with a blue accent wall in the dining room). The 1st floor has a light/ off white tile floor. They want something lighter than what is currently on the walls but don't want it to look cold and sterile due to the light floor tile. They painted the family room/kitchen area a light blue to try to lighten things up but are now in a pickle because they don't want light blue throughout the entire home and are having a difficult time finding a color that blends well with the light blue. I think they would be willing to repaint the family room/ kitchen area so that all the rooms are the same color...better flow. Any suggestions for tried and true light neutral paint colors, preferably Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams, to go with light flooring. Please disregard the decor and furniture, the decor on the walls is from the previous owners and most of the furniture will be replaced. The furniture in the family room and kitchen will be staying and they have a dark bluish gray sectional ordered for the living room. The window treatments in the living/dining room will also be changed. It's pretty much a blank slate. They would appreciate any suggestions, to use as a starting point, as they are feeling a bit overwhelmed. I suggested SW Canvas Tan as a possible option but I am no expert nor am I at the house, just looking at photos. I have attached some photos to help get a feel for the space. Thanks so much!!!

Comments (42)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!