SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
waslok

Advice needed on problem w/new Lennox A/C from Costco please

Katyroadpink
7 years ago

My octogeniarian mom bought a Lennox air conditioner from Costco Tuesday. It quit cooling Saturday. The unit in the attic kept going but the outside unit stopped and she said that unit was very hot when she came home after shopping and found the house was over 80 degrees.

She called the installation company and the repairman came the same day (yesterday). He was finally able to get it running although he said he has to order a part. Allegedly the plastic fan cover was not screwed in right by the manufacturer and came loose, falling into the fan blades. It stopped the fan. He removed the fan cover and eventually got it running. He is acting as though it's no big deal but I am worried that the compressor or other parts got damaged. He was there for a long time, so apparently the unit did not start right back up.

Should she ask for a brand new unit since this one broke after only a few days? She was very hot and stressed out yesterday since she was without a/c unitl almost 9pm (she lives near Atlanta, Ga and I live several states away). At her age, being overheated is dangerous and she can't have an unreliable unit.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Comments (8)