SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meical_eroh

Please Help, Need Advice! Air flow problem.

4 years ago

Okay, so I’ve recently occupied a vacant room in my folks Elk Grove, Ca. house. The house is a tri-Level and does have an HVAC system (not sure the specs or health). My 12’x10x10’ room is located on the bottom most level on the West side with a westward window. There is a garden and pomegranate tree outside the window. The vent for the hvac system into this room is located nearly to the ceiling in the middle of the east bedroom wall. And there is a 5 blade ceiling fan located what appears to be dead center of the room. This bedroom happens to contain most of the technology hubs due to where the lines run in in the corner of the N/W walls. This includes the xFinity modem and WiFi, the Apple tower thing I’m really not sure what it is, the wireless pool pump thing, and the Phillips hub. now The rest of the room is relatively open in the center. Starting with North wall there is only a full sized futon in seated position, two pillows either end; NE corner has two floating shelves meetimg with roughly 18” clearance from ceiling (each 40”x10”); east wall has 55” aquarium with stand (currentlay empty); sout wall has 55” Sony tv mounted to center of wall underneath are two 72”x10” floating shelves with stereo, two speakers, PS4, two external powered HDDs; west wall small center table (temporary) newly purchased Vonado 460, I also forgot there are two more speakers mounted at NW and NE corners. And in the center is a 40” diameter table with open framework. There are 3 house plants as well. I’ll have to get more info on the pot sizes. I have purchased a dehumidifier and hygrometer (prior to the vornado) and I have found that durning the day the room stays relatively close to that of the house however, as soon as the A/C kicks off the room temperature quickly raises and may reach up to 5°F warmer than the rest of the house (RH seems to maintain despite temperatur change). and almost always gets an average 5°F hotter at night with increased RH to up to 49%.

The room currently averages 72°F (-3/+5) with RH 44%. (Relatively consistant during day/raising at night w/increased temperatur).

Home is typically set to 73°F

i am also currently working from home as my work office is being remodeled so the room is currently consistently occupied for 8-10hr at a time. (hp laptop) not desktop.

Ideally I would like to preve the room temperature from raising past the rest of the house, especially at night. the goal would be to keep the room about 68-70°F without having to drop the Thermostat below 72° and to achieve an average RH between 42% - 38% with the higher RH only Occurring with the cooler temperatures.

Pleace help me with some advice or point me in the right direction until we could have an hvac technician come out.

i will try to post pictures and obtain more information if I can such as dew point and the capacity of the pots.

Comments (4)