SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jkiralla

HVAC Estimate Advice (Costco/Lennox)

jkiralla
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I just received an HVAC estimate from a major installer in the LA area through Costco (Lennox is their preferred supplier as you know). They are quoting me for the top two Lennox systems, which I asked for, but it seems high to me. Any reaction as they haven't broken the estimate out more than this. And I am highly suspicious that the there could be that much a of a price difference between the two estimates just based on the XC25 vs XC20. My house is 2800 square feet (two stories) in Playa Del Rey, CA (West LA). It was built in the 1960s and currently have central heat with 9 supply vents currently in place.

Can you advise on what I should ask this contractor?
Thank you!
John

Proposal for Work:

Supply and install (1) Lennox 5TON HVAC system. Removal and disposal of existing equipment and ductwork included. Supply and install all new R8 ductwork to include; (13) supply vents, and (1) return air duct. Install new refrigerant lines and outdoor equipment pad. Supply and install all necessary gas piping and electric circuits to new equipment. Supply and install Lennox iComfort WIFI thermostat. All labor, material, and taxes included to complete to code. Bid is valid for 30 days. Permits and HERS testing included.

*****2 Year Labor Warranty and 10 Year Parts Warranty included*****

Exclusions:

1. Any carpentry work, structural cutting, painting, or finishing.

We currently have equipment, labor, material, insurances, and taxes included to provide and install the proposed upgrades to your home’s HVAC system. Upon return of this signed agreement to your representative, your installation date will be coordinated immediately.

SIGNATURE SERIES - Lennox XC25 Variable 5TON A/C + Lennox EL296V 96% Gas Furnace

System Total: $30,000
Lennox XC25-060 5TON Air Conditioner 19.5SEER
Lennox EL296UH090XV60C 96% Gas Furnace
Lennox iComfort WIFI Thermostat
+ R8 Ductwork
+ Permits / HERS Testing
-10% Costco Cash Card (-3000)
-2% Executive Earnings (-600)
-2% CitiBank Visa Costco Earnings (-600)
-Upgrade CA Rebate (-2500)
Total Investment $23,300

ELITE SERIES - Lennox XC20 Variable 5TON A/C + Lennox EL296V 96% Gas Furnace

System Total: $27,700
Lennox XC25-060 5TON Air Conditioner 19.5SEER
Lennox EL296UH090XV60C 96% Gas Furnace
Lennox iComfort WIFI Thermostat
+ R8 Ductwork
+ Permits / HERS Testing
-10% Costco Cash Card (-2770)
-2% Executive Earnings (-554)
-2% CitiBank Visa Costco Earnings (-554)
-Upgrade CA Rebate (-2500)
Total Investment $21,322

Comments (14)