SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

What about a stained glass window?

I know many of you dislike the layout of our hopeful new house. But let me just say we have looked at everything in the area in our budget and that will allow the number of dogs we have. This house, while kind of odd is not atypical of mountain vacation properties. Luckily we will have a significant budget to remodel.

So as I've stated, the master bedroom is on the front corner of the house. One window onto the front porch and one window onto the port cochere in the driveway.

Other info, the house is on 6 acres at the back of the lot on the river. The road is completely out of view and the driveway is gated. So basically it's not like people will be walking or driving by.

Our plan is to remodel and add timber frame/ rustic style to the house. I want to add some arts and crafts aspects to the interior as I've found it really seems to work in a cabin.

It occurred to me that stained glass is commonly seen in that style and I thought about changing the front door to something like this.

But then it occurred to me that it might be better to do the window in the master that will be over a desk as a stained glass instead.

Like this, ignore the pattern on the glass I had to make it tile to get the effect.

So for those who have stained glass in their home, does it still let in light? Is stained glass always fixed, meaning a non opening window?

heres a view from outside, the stained glass would be in the bump out shown in red.

Comments (17)