SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brad_morgan69

Need help determining conifer for privacy screen

Brad Morgan
7 years ago

Hi - I was hoping i could get some recommendations based on previous experiences planting conifers for privacy. I have an apx. 30 ft. deep wooded area behind my house that provides great privacy during the spring and summer when the "junk trees" have bloomed, but in winter as you can see in the attached does not provide the privacy I would desire. I would love to plant conifers inside of this wooded area (not in my fenced in yard) in a staggered pattern making it look as natural as possible and providing protection during winter months. My initial research has led me to the Thuja Green Giant, planted 8 feet apart in two rows (the rows would be 4 feet apart). I haven't measured exactly but would need apx 6 trees.

My main concern is that the trees wont be in full sun, and when small may be less than partial sun. I am also hoping I can get advice on what would look most natural, I want to avoid it looking like a wall in 5 years, which is why I decided to plant staggered but if there is another conifer that would be better - I would love to hear suggestions. Thank you so much for your help.

Comments (4)