SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ania_bukowinski

Bosch vs Electrolux double wall oven?

Anna
7 years ago

We need to select a new double wall oven for our kitchen reconstruction. I believe we have it narrowed down to the Bosch Benchmark Series 30" electric double wall oven (HBLP651UC), or the Electrolux Icon 30" electric double wall oven (E30EW85PPS). Our budget for the oven purchase price is $4000. Any feedback on one versus the other or both? Known issues? Reliability? Is the Bosch 800 Series worth considering? Other brands/models we should take a look at?

Our must-haves are stainless steel, convection in at least one oven, temperature probe. We are not avid bakers (though my husband goes through occasional bread-making phases), but we do utilize our oven frequently for roasting, braising, heating/re-heating, etc. The oven we are replacing is a 12-year old Jenn-Air with upper convection.

I do have some concerns about the electrical specifications. We are currently wired for for 30 amps but plan to upgrade to 40 amps for the oven. Are there other electrical parameters we need to be concerned about? Voltage? I know nothing about this stuff. All I know is that our previous oven label specified: 120/240V-7.2kW and 120/208V - 5.5 kW which differs from the specifications of the replacements we are considering. Will the upgrade to 40 amps take care of this? Perhaps this is a question for a different forum...

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment