SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hellya24

Help please! Why is my new $$$ SQ Washer/Dryer pilling new clothing?

Mark Middleton
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Tips please! So frustrated! All our new clothes are looking years old. I just spent 2K on a Speed Queen Top Loader Washer & Dryer set which I really wanted to love. All my clothes are pilling, even the brand new clothing (various, quality brands) I am washing, then hang drying. Please tell me what I am doing wrong!

-Washing all clothing inside out on the delicate cycle. Using Gain powder detergent & liquid downy. Occasionally add vinegar + baking soda to loads. Always washing clothing in full loads, loaded to the top (could this be the reason?) Then hang drying all the clothing (until I can figure out what is causing the pilling). Then after they are all dry, I fluff them in "no heat" & a dryer sheet for about 5-10 minutes to get the wrinkles out. (Is that causing pilling??) Also we have soft water if that makes a difference.

Could the powder detergent be the problem?? Should I get laundry bags and wash everything in a separate laundry bag (this would take forever though to do a load)?? Should I go out and buy another brand washer/dryer?? If so, do I go with a side loader or top loader?? I am nervous about spending so much again & another set doing the same exact thing.

**I had an LG Tromm HE Front Loader Washer/Dryer set previous to this. It was gentle on my clothing but the washer died after 3 yrs & was cheaper to replace than to fix. Only thing I did differently was I used HE liquid soap.

Comments (6)