SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sahai6

Brand New Speed Queen washer + dryer

sahai6
7 years ago

Hi everyone,

I just bought brand SQ washer + dryer set. Washer model is 92 and dryer model is matching set of 92 and it is ADEE9RGS173TW01.

Anyhow, it was installed on Monday, May 23. Last night I did my first load of laundry. When I put the clothes in the dryer, the drum makes a loud scraping kind of noise. The entire load consisted of towels, socks and under garments. There were no buttons/zippers on any clothing. Does anyone on Houzz have this type of experience with their brand SQ dryer?

I called SQ today and I was told that perhaps it was an installation problem and that won't be covered if it turns out to be an installation problem. A technician is coming to day to have a look at the dryer.

I also noticed a new feature which I was not aware of. When I start the washer and open the lid again to add some clothing article, the machine stops the water. I used to have that feature in my previous Maytag washer where water will continue when the lid was open. I really miss that feature. In the manual, it says....."do not by-pass the lid switch to permit the washer to agitate or spin with the lid open".

Question is...has anyone tried to by-pass the lid switch so that the water continues? Does it void the warranty?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mindy

Comments (8)