SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bennoch

Metro West (Boston) - need design ideas/help

bennoch
7 years ago

We are about to move into our first suburban house (have been city dwellers until now). I have an idea of what I'd love - a beautiful, colorful, fragrant property (front & back) but I don't know where to start to accomplish it and I need help! I would like someone to come to our house, see what is currently there and talk to me about options and vision. I have a few ideas of what I think I'd like (native plants, butterfly & bee friendly, not overly formal - we abut conservation land/woods, mindful of the deer, etc.). I don't have much gardening experience but am not afraid of doing upkeep etc. myself. A few quick Google searches have turned up Weston Nurseries landscape design, Gardens by the Yard in Wayland, A Blade of Grass (loved their portfolio, but likely too expensive for us). I would be grateful for any reviews, recommendations, ideas, etc. I really need this process to be facilitated - going to a garden center and talking to someone will not cut it. Also, eventually, will need some help with vegetable gardening too! I think we're on about 3/4 of an acre if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance!

Comments (4)