SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavendar

Has anyone tried KonMari?

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I discovered this on Twitter the other day....has anyone been trying Marie Kondo and her KonMari method for organizing?

She says to start with clothes and I don't have that many (compared to my husband LOL). I am constantly going through them and donating what I don't use anymore. She says to only keep what is necessary for work/function and those things that "spark joy" for you.

Well, I ended up with five Goodwill bags and my mom has two new coats! Full disclosure...I had fabrics and some other odds and ends in the back of my closet, which probably made up two of those bags.

I went through my books, when mom moved in with us, but I still found two stacks to donate. And I cleaned up my desk area! This is amazing!

Anyway, some love it, some don't...but I am definitely enjoying the KonMari method. Wish me luck when we get to the china/dishes! That's going to be the tough one for me.....

Oh, almost forgot to mention, I 'tweeted' with Laura Calder the other day! Laura Calder, my FAVORITE chef and my favorite kitchen!!! She now has marble countertops and white subway backsplash. I love Twitter! : )

Comments (8)