SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavendar

KonMari sort

Lavender Lass
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I saw that there was an earlier discussion about KonMari, but I wanted to ask if anyone has had good results with one? I just saw this on Twitter the other day...and it's been a wonderful experience.

I don't thank my stuff, but I do try to think about appreciating what I have and what I need. And realizing that something may have served it's purpose at the time (gift, purchase, Goodwill find) and it no longer does...and it's okay to let it go.

While I thought I had gone through my closet, I got rid of 11 bags to Goodwill (just sorting my room and mini-office corner) and three bags of trash. I feel so much better with what remains. Our closet is also my seasonal/Christmas/fabric stoage. And as I mentioned on another post, I got rid of anything that was two sizes smaller because they were making me feel kind of negative about my appearance. And I look pretty good, if I do say so myself! LOL They were too small and not a healthy size for me....I didn't eat much when my husband was sick. So I don't want to be that size again. Why keep them?

Also, I'm hoping my success with clothes, books and papers will transfer to dishes! My mom moved in with us a few months ago and we have a ton of dishes, kitchen stuff, etc. It will be more difficult to sort with her, but I think she's getting on board with the idea. We both want to have things easy to find and easy to put away.

So, how about you? Did you have luck with KonMari? Do you want less 'stuff' in your life? One thing I like is there is no 'number' of things you should have. If they all make you happy or 'spark joy' then keep them. And I like choosing what you want to keep, rather than what you want to give up. Much more positive : )

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH