SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_5083159

New, with question(s)

DJ Curtiss
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi! Many years ago I kept African violets and orchids. At the time, I lived near Chicago, where the water was really good out of the tap, and it never got too hot. Now I started up the hobby again, here in Arizona (50 miles south of Phoenix).

My question has to do with plants that are variegated. I have watermelon snow, which I raised from a very young plant (from a friend). When I got it, it was all green, which is to be expected from such a young plant. A few weeks later, it sprouted a variegated leaf that looked more typical of watermelon snow. I'm trying to upload a picture now... not sure if it'll work. The crown leaves are almost completely green. Will they become more variegated again as the plant ages? I realize, if you can see the pic, that it looks like the plant is in too big of a pot, but I removed a few big "baby plant" leaves, and it makes the plant look smaller. It has two adorable blooms, which surprised me as it's only three months old. Any advice welcome. If you need more info, let me know. Thank you!

I see the photo didn't post. What am I doing wrong?

Comments (18)