SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teddbear

Down to 3 floor plans. Can you give me pros/cons to help me decide?

teddbear
7 years ago

Can you tell me if there is anything wrong that stands out to you on any of these plans? They are all different from each other, but bottom line is that I can live with each of them, with few changes. I know prices will vary and you can't help me on that, but in general, which floor plan would be cheapest to build of the 3, not taking into account any finishes. Any house we choose would most likely have a fiber cement siding and not sure about the roof, but most likely shingles. Any house that we choose would have at least the downstairs modified with larger doors and openings to accommodate a wheel chair if necessary so I would need to know if they would all be good candidates for that without changing the footprint. Also any house we choose, my preference would be a crawl space.

Farmhouse

^There isn't much that I would change with this house other than I would like the front porch to be bigger. I like that the master bedroom is separate from the living area. No mudroom or pantry area, but not a huge issue. It's definitely has a lot of windows that I wouldn't want or need.

William Poole Summer hill

^Again, this one has the master bedroom separate from the living area. I'm not thrilled with the elevation, but I know that can be changed. I like that is has a semi mudroom. I do not like the 2 story family room and would want to close that in, although I'm not sure how it would look with the way the roof line comes down. Only other thing I don't like is the size of the kitchen, but I could live with it.

Plan #56-222

^Really would only possibly put a breezeway or somehow would attach the garage. Not a HUGE issue. Only things I don't like about this one, is that the master bedroom is not separate from the living space and I don't like the laundry room on the other side of the house.

I would love to discuss each of these with a builder, but can't seem to get anyone to call us back. Can you at least give me some pros/cons that maybe I'm not seeing on each of these plans? Example: I understand that the Summer Hill has a bigger footprint, but the first house has more bump outs and roof lines, so which will be more economical to build? We live in Southeastern NC and the house would be built on 10 acres of farmland if any of that matters. Thank you in advance for any feedback that you can give.

Comments (7)