SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nippstress

Two Rogue Valley Mystery roses to ID

Hi folks

I'm back again this year with 2 of 9 mystery roses so far from Rogue Valley that have bloomed. I have a tentative ID for both from what's in stock at RV, but I don't trust my judgment there.
The first looks like a Noisette in form, but I could be wrong. My best guess from HMF and the RV site is Narrow Water, given the shape of the petals. Other possibilities are Champney's Pink Cluster or Frazier's Pink Musk, but those seem a lighter color without that vaguely mauve marking on the petals. I can detect a little scent from it, which means it's definitely got some fragrance since my nose is poor for this.

Here is the whole plant with the leaves and canes

And a closeup of the flower itself

The other one looks to be a good match for Kew Rambler, which is in stock. It definitely seems to want to cluster from the buds off to the side, and it's a mostly single or semidouble bloom at most. The only other guess I had was Elizabeth Lawrence, but I got a free plant of that one from RV and it's blooming and it seems to have more petals than this does and is a bit darker.

Here's a shot of the whole plant as well. It rather looks like it wants to stretch up like a rambler might as it's nearly 3' high already.

What do you think? I welcome your help and am grateful for the ideas for ID each year with the Rogue Valley mysteries.

Cynthia

Comments (20)