SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rubyclaire1

A Little Privacy Please...With a Folding Screen, Curtain, or What?

rubyclaire
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Edit: Inspiration photo inserted itself in the first position. Or operator error.

New York City Loft · More Info

Future retirement home. Downsized. Making me insane. Here is the current conundrum. Sitting on the living room sofa one has a direct sightline to the guest bathroom. The two small guest bedrooms and bath are off of a small hallway but we can see directly into the bathroom vanity from the living room. Major miss.

Anyway, should have put in a pocket door and I don't know if it is too late. Other options I'm considering are a tall folding screen that can be put into service when we have guests (could be clunky but there is space in the living room and I could use the height) or hanging on curtain rod over the doorway on the inside of the hall and using a semi-sheer curtain to pull when we have guests. Or just put up something temporary on a tension rod when needed. Clearly, I need some help.

The photos are imperfect and the home is very much a work-in-progress. The first one below shows the wall area to the left of the entry to the small hall where the guest bed and bathroom are. There is one bedroom to the left and one to the right with the bath off the back wall you see. No problem with this view.

However, move to the right where the sofa is and the following photo shows the view. As a guest, I would feel rather exposed going to my bedroom to the bath or using the guest bath at all.

How would you solve this? Thanks in advance!

Comments (20)