SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mayberrygardener

2016 Spring Swap, PLANTS!

mayberrygardener
8 years ago

Because, in addition to the fun and visiting with fellow gardeners, this is really why we do this! It is very important that each plant you bring is clearly marked as to what it is--we've seen everything from styrofoam cups to yogurt containers to starter pots with a plastic knife as a plant marker, but remember how crazy it gets during the free-for-all, and please kindly mark your plants so we all know what we're getting.

This is the thread where you list what you're bringing so folks can make dibs, then please be sure to mark your dibbed plants with what they are and who they are promised to, and set them aside the dibs once you arrive at the swap. There is usually a designated area for "swap" plants and a separate area for "dibbed" plants.

Now for the good stuff: I believe I will have some of those darling alpine strawberries--the ones that have no runners and tiny but really tasty fruits. They came back REALLY strong this year and I am going to be thinning them out.

I also have some walking onions if anybody wants some of those--I know they've made the rounds at past swaps and pretty much everyone has some, but if there is a newbie that wants some, please let me know to dig some up.

I will also have some various sedums--not sure exactly which ones yet, tho, so I'll post back with those. At least some sedum album and blue spruce sedum, as well as some others--maybe some dragon's blood but not sure of that one.

Oh, and SEEDS! I was out of town so didn't get ANY seeds planted this year, and have made the crazy decision to bundle them up and someone can have all the various collections that I have! Tomatoes, peppers, peas, okra, herbs, onions (which contrary to popular belief, DO sprout well even if they're more than a year old), broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, poppies... MORE! I'll be bringing the lot of it with me, and also some seed-starting sheets of pots. <<<does that make sense? Ha!

I am not bringing ANY tomatoes this year! Weird for me, but I'll be looking to swipe some heirloom varieties, especially purple cherokee, if anyone else is bringing some. And we'll also be eyeing any pepper plants--bell peppers, carmen, other sweets, and hubby always likes jalepenos or serranos.

Comments (28)