SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sylviatexas1

Ft Worth Spring Swap March 26 2016 Trinity Park Pavilion 5

sylviatexas1
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Thanks to the fabulous & celebrated Pam (pkponder), we have the pavilion this spring!

We have pavilion 5, which is the one near our "regular" spot, on March 26th, from 10 AM to 1 PM.

Although we've always done the swap "free", it's getting harder to manage, since the park is much busier than ever.

I don't think any other swaps are still able to meet in a free space; free spaces are just harder to find, & the park gets busier all the time.

so we're at the next step, where we take a page from the other swaps & everyone brings a few dollars to pay our fair share.

Since an accurate pro-rata share can't be figured without a reliable head count, & since swaps by their nature are fluid affairs, I can't pinpoint a dollar amount, but all of us can contribute maybe $5 to the rent.

The site is easy to find:

From I-30 on the western edge of downtown Ft Worth, exit University & go north. The entrance to the park is on the right. Drive into the park & follow the path all the way around to the "back" of the park.

but just in case...can someone make a few signs?

can't remember who has done it in the past, but signs reduce a lot of driver anxiety!

A lot of us have been coming to swaps for the past hundred years or so, & we know the routine backwards & forwards.

Heck.

We wrote the routine.

For the newcomers (please come to the swap, newcomers!), here are some general guidelines & suggestions, & if you have questions or need clarification, just ask.

"Plant Swap" is a simplification.

We bring anything & everything garden-related, & trade for the garden-related things that other people bring.

plants, seeds, cuttings, Starbucks coffee grounds, mulch, pots, garden art, tools, broken china for the mosaic crafters, books, magazines.

If you're just starting, you can bring bakery items, crafts...people have brought handmade jewelry, herbal products, soaps, etc.

I'll start a separate page for pre-trades & run through the guidelines & suggestions on that page;

you can put your "haves" & "wants" on that page, so that you know that the things you bring will have a home & you'll be getting something that you like in return.

edited to add:

Wear comfy clothes & shoes, bring a sweater & a hat & sunglasses, 'cause you never know. If you can bring a garden cart, it makes moving the plants much easier. Also helpful are notebooks, pens, markers...& remember your camera!

got kids? cool! Sprouts are always welcome. Be sure they are comfy & maybe bring them something to do when they get tired of plants.

Water is good, & you may want to bring snacks.

In the past, we've done potlucks, but I'm wondering if maybe we could just bring snacks & easy finger foods to share.

What say you all?

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz