SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kwb1999

Vadara Calacatta Blanco quartz countertops?

Kate Blanchard
8 years ago

Does anyone have or know anything about Vadara quartz countertops? We are interested particularly in the Calacatta Blanco color. We had settled on the rather plain Santa Margherita Zenit quartz but saw this and loved how much it looked like real marble. I would love to hear any experiences people have had with them or see pictures!

Thank you!

http://www.vadaraquartz.com/product

Comments (46)

• jbedecarre
    7 years ago

We were considering the same thing. Did you guys end up going with it? We just received samples and the color is pretty amazing.

• User
    7 years ago

Limited information on the internet. It's not listed on Breton's website, so it may be Chinese quartz. Ask your fabricator where it's made.

• Related Discussions

Help with Quartz Countertop Please

Q

Comments (46)
    Wanted to give you an update on what we've selected so far. Got the Super White Quartzite countertop, and decided on White Thassos Herringbone tile backsplash. Just need to decide on grout and what color white to paint the cabinets. The Thassos is looking pretty white and we want to use a light/soft gray grout to have low contrast between the tile and grout. I also want to make sure the cabinets don't look dingy or yellow compared to the backsplash. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! You guys are the best!!! Here is a picture of the backsplash: Here's the backsplash with both Warm Gray (lighter one on the left) and Platinum (darker on right). Hubby is making another board with Frost (it's lighter). Once he finishes, I'll post that too. Here is a close up
    ...See More

Does anyone have photos of MSI Calacatta Arno counters?

Q

Comments (262)
    I just went to the MSI showroom to view slabs. The slabs of Arno I saw had dark gold veining only with a bright white background. No other colors or variation. It was pretty. I'm on the fence. Our contractor said to look for jumbo sizes only. I wasn't expecting that and now feel somewhat limited. Arno is pretty and comes in prefab and jumbo size. Check out Vadara Quartz. I prefer their quartz colors. I also went to their showroom and I think their quartz is gorgeous.
    ...See More

New calacatta laza or blanco venato nuovo

Q

Comments (3)
    Take your sample door to the stone yard to test next to the countertop candidates. The light will be much brighter there than at home, so also bring home small samples of the countertops to look at there.
    ...See More

Vadara White Aurora

Q

Comments (22)
    Thanks for posting these! I’ve been struggling for months to choose a countertop and finally decided on White Aurora. Your photos make me feel confident about my choice!
    ...See More
  • margo20
    7 years ago

We are considering this to. It's new, from the guy who started Caesarstone. The patent wore out, so now he's started Vadara. Did any of you go with it?

• busymom03
    7 years ago

Has anyone used this?

• busymom03
    7 years ago

Do you think this could work with a dark grey quartz (like a ceasarstone raven) as a perimeter countertop?

• herbflavor
    7 years ago

Dark taupe would be better than dark gray. Perhaps a gray with a warmth to it if you have the chance to bring samples in . Lighting is big factor

• busymom03
    7 years ago

Thank you, herb flavor. That is kinda what I thought - but was hoping someone would say the contrary - LOL!

• Celia Canfield
    7 years ago

I am considering the same company. Vadara. I read this about it in my research after it was recommended to me by a designer as a good and somewhat less expensive alternative to Caesarstone. "U.S. Surface Warehouse, supplier of Livingstone solid surface, launched a
    line of quartz surfacing designed to have a natural look monikered
    “Vadara.” The company’s Los Angeles distribution facility is now open
    and serving fabricators in the Southern California market. The material
    offers a line of colors and patterns across four collections, each
    containing six colors for a total of 24. The Santorini, Toledo, Paris
    and Milan Collections feature a spectrum of options from earthy tones,
    to marblesque colors to grays, whites and dark options ranging from more
    traditional looks to veined tones. The product is priced to be very
    affordable, according to the company (published June 2016).

• Rosamunda
    6 years ago
    I’m considering using Vadara Blanco Piedra. I love the subtle neutral look but I notice that when viewed in a certain light there are parts of the sample that look like water spots. I believe this is caused by a reflection of some of the flakes in the countertop and not a manufacturing defect. Has anyone noticed a similar issue? It detracts from an otherwise beautiful surface.
    I could probably learn to live with it but I wish it wasn’t there.
  • wilson853
    6 years ago

As much as I wanted to like quartz, I decided to go with a natural stone. I have a very bright space with many windows, and no matter which quartz sample I brought home, (very expensive to budget friendly) they all looked like they had hairspray overspray on the surface. I just couldn't reconcile spending big bucks on a product that looked like that. I knew it would bother me forever. I see many spots on your small sample. Imagine what it will look like when you have it on a larger horizontal surface.

• Rosamunda
    6 years ago
    Thanks, Wilson 853. I agree with you ... I know it would bother me as well. I also have a lot of natural light in my kitchen. I’ve also looked at Dekton Fiord but apparently that only comes in a high gloss finish, but looks more like quartzite. It’s pretty but too reflective for my style. Would probably look great in a modern kitchen. What stone did you end up selecting?
  • wilson853
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I went with a quartzite. I had uba tuba granite (bulletproof) for over twenty years, and with all of the threads on here about chips in quartz, it drove me back to using a natural stone which I think can be more easily repaired and is more heat resistant. Too many variables in the quartz products for my comfort level.

• Rosamunda
    6 years ago

That's how I'm leaning as well. Just can't find a quartz that I really love. Thanks.

• Steve Corby
    5 years ago

We went with Vadara. By far the most natural veining of any of the quartz options we looked at. They really found a process that creates quartz that has ptterning that doesn’t seem manufactured. The downside is exactly what was posted by Mary Bennet above. Something about the texture shows slight water spots, fingerprints, etc and it’s impossible to get a clean even shine. Any angle where light hits it substantially has an ever so slight splotchyness that i just can’t seem to get out. It’s subtle and absolutely something that we can live with... but sometimes drives me nuts. You won’t see it with clean direct light... but anything at an angle and you’ll notice it.

• Marla V
    5 years ago

@stevecorby -- we are looking at either Vadara or Caesarstone. I also love the veining patterns of the Vadara. Would you mind sharing which pattern you purchased and perhaps a photo? Many thanks

• Kate Blanchard
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Your kitchen is so beautiful!!! We ended up going with the Santa Margherita quartz because I couldn’t find enough info about the Vadara at the time. If I could go back given what I know now, I would’ve done it. Glad to hear it’s worked out for many of you!
  • Marla V
    5 years ago

Margo20 - thank you for the feedback and the photos of your beautiful kitchen

• PRO
    kathleen rooney vogel
    5 years ago

margo20

What color did you paint the kitchen and island

• Lynn Wu
    5 years ago

margo20 Do you have any pricing information you can share for Vadara? Thanks.

• jon1003
    5 years ago

margo20 It would be great if you could share pricing. It would also be great if Houzz added some DM or other ability to contact or tag users to get in touch with them...

• califdream
    5 years ago

These are really helpful comments as I have been torn between Vadara Calacatta Blanco and white quartzite. After seeing the comments above about the spotting and fingerprints, I checked the Vadara sample I have and I can definitely see fingerprints. I will have to go with natural stone instead I think.

• margo20
    5 years ago

Hi Kathleen, the cabinets are Ultracraft's Arctic White and Island is Pebble Grey.

• margo20
    5 years ago

Hi jon1003, ,I had 5 slabs of material for the Vadara, but compared with other products it was very reasonably priced.

• margo20
    5 years ago

Hi califdream, I have not noticed any waterspots or fingerprints on my Vadara countertops and we have a lot of light and many windows in our room. They tidy up very easily and even a red wine stain was removable with a little bar keeper's friend the other day.

• califdream
    5 years ago

Margo20, Great to hear that you have had no issues with waterspots or fingerprints--do you have one of the Vadara veined marble-like surfaces?

• Tl Howard
    5 years ago

I have a sample here of Blanco Piedra, a soft creamy white. The "spots" you see are the polymers in quartz. I don't view them as anything other than the characteristic of some quartzes. I think the sample is beautiful and that characteristic won't bother me should I choose it. I don't view it as any different than the occasional odd color that pops up in a granite slab of another color or as the pits that are in granite. When the light hits those pits, you see them, even when the granite is properly fabricated to a glossy, smooth surface like mine. Seeing them depends totally on the light and the angle at which is hits my granite.

• Stephanie Yudelson
    4 years ago

Margo20, are your light fixtures Visual Comfort Darlana? Do you remember what size they are and what size your island is? We‘re building a 5x7’ island and I’m trying to decide how big of Darlanas to buy. Yours look perfect together - love your kitchen. Thanks.

• Joyce Wishner
    4 years ago

Margo 20, I love your kitchen. I am thinking of using the same Vadara counter top. Did you use gold tone faucets?

Thank you

• margo20
    4 years ago

Thank you! Another friend was recently looking into the same countertops (Calacatta Blanco) and it seems that color may be discontinued. I could be wrong, but I didn't see it listed on their website anymore. I didn't use gold tone faucets, since my appliances were all stainless. However, I did use brass hardware to pull out the gold veining and warm up the kitchen a bit. And also the pendants were gold. I went with the darker/warmer floors as well to try to offset the greys and whites.

Stephanie Yudelson, they are Darlana Pendants from Chapman and Myers I bought from Circa Lighting. Our island is 5x7 and I bought the mediums.

• Joyce Wishner
    4 years ago

Margo, Thank you. They are still making the Calacatta Belleza and have discontinued the Calacatta Blanco. The same quartz but the veining is horizontal instead of vertical.

I am redoing my kitchen now with it and white cabinets. I can't see the sink in your pictures - did you go with stainless steel or white? Also can you tell me what size handles you used.

Thank you

• margo20
    4 years ago

Oh good to know, I'll let my friend know about Belleza...she was wanting to get the Blanco. My sink is stainless, as are appliances and faucets. The hardware (Restoration Hardware Atelier) size are 6" and 4", dependent on size of the drawers which size I used.

• Joyce Wishner
    4 years ago

Margo, I can't tell from the picture. Is the island painted a different color than the other cabinets?

• Jen H.
    4 years ago

Does anyone have pricing on the vadara laneve Nuevo quartz - I was told midrange and the price came back a huge upcharge!

• jon1003
    4 years ago

When we were pricing 60 sq ft of Vadara, it came back at $90 to $120 a sq ft. Hanstone ~$100, Natura ~ $70. Of course these all depend on the type of quartz, the above were all variations of veined quartz which tend to be mid-to-high.

• Jen H.
    4 years ago

Thank you jon1003! Very helpful!

• wendi4deco
    3 years ago

has anyone used vadara marbella?

• Pam S
    3 years ago

Has anyone experienced spots that look like water spots on the Sereno colors (Bianco or Gold)? Not on the finish but in the stone itself.

• Runnermom
    3 years ago

Has anyone installed Vadara Laneve Nuovo? I’m wondering how the advertised “luminous white” looks? @Jen H. what price were you quoted for the Laneve?

• Jen H.
    3 years ago

Hi Runnermom - this was quoted over a year ago but it was $4800 for 2 slabs I believe. I ended up going with the natural quartzite Super White.

• joco1111
    2 years ago

margo20 Do you still like your Vadara Calacatta Blanco counters? We are thinking of using it in the bathroom as a shower wall. It's a relatively new quartz company. I was wondering what you thought about the quality, etc? Thanks.

• deeck34
    2 years ago

Does anyone have Vadara sereno gold? Im considering it with off white cabinets. I’d love to see a picture of it installed and any pros or cons. I’m concerned about some of the spotting comments. i have Cambria in my bathrooms and love it, but didn’t see any patterns i liked in the Cambria. Is vadara made in china?

• Ellie Clarke
    2 years ago

Considering using Sereno Gold by Vadara with shell white cabinets as well.

• kkranz1000
    last year

I’d love to see pics of Vadara sereno gold Quartz with . I’m doing this with Sherwin Williams Pure White color cabinets

• kterrio1
    last year

kkranz1000, this is exactly what I am considering. great minds.....did you end up with this combo? I'd love to see photos

• marcalusl
    last year

Did you all end up going with the sereno gold? Would love to know as well as my cabinets are also off white