SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vivixgw

Circa 2016 HVAC Help

Vivix
8 years ago

From 7/22/2014

Hello:
Please permit me to pick your brains. We live in a 2 storey, 3 bedroom 1978 semi detached colonial townhouse, with attached 1 car garage and a finished basement in Washington DC. The entire living area is about 1700 sq feet. We currently have a trane XB1000 2T air conditioner and an oil furnace that is original to the house. The oil is for heating while the rest of the house is electric. There are no gas lines. We want to convert to all electric heat pump and air handler. The old thread can be found here http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2417013/yet-another-heatpump-airhandler-question?n=28

4/17/2016 Update

Hello again. Due to a family emergency, this project was derailed. We're now ready to proceed and I still need help. Do all the suggestions above still stand two years later? I read that some models were retired or no longer active. What equipments/models will you now suggest? Original situation still applies except that it's now a 4 bedroom townhouse as we added an extra room above the attached finished garage. The new room brings the total living space to about 2000 sq ft including the finished basement. Calling on Tigerdunes, Mike_Home and other helpful contributors. Thanks.

PS: I started a new thread cos it looks like the other is too old to generate new replies.

Comments (35)