SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizardjam

Meyer and Eureka Lemon Question

The house I moved into has what looks like a dwarf Meyer planted in the ground near a couple palms and rosemary bush. When I moved in it had lots of lemons(November, last). It went through December and January without much, I did fertilize it in January though. In February and March it produced a TON of flowers. If you walked by the tree you could hear the collective HUM of the bees. So it must have been pollinated, right? I saw every single flower bud drop. Only recently when i went under it to cut off some suckers do I see very very few lemon buds on the underside. Any ideas why it might not be producing? It looks to be at least 5 years old. It's almost 7 feet tall, very wide and bushy. I will post pics tonight. Some leaves are yellow but I believe when we moved in we might have been a little overzealous about watering. Twice a week but, I definitely don't think it needed that much. Any advice is appreciated. I fertilized it in January with Organice Fruit tree fertilizer(I thought I bought specifically citrus but, it doesn't say on it, that it's good for citrus and avocado).

On to the eureka. It's a semi-dwarf I bought and the end of Feb. Looks to be a few years old. It's in a very large pot, more like half wine barrel type deal. It's in citrus and palm soil. I use a water moisture meter before watering. The lemon buds are purple. A dark purple. I've googled it but seriously, nothing comes up. I think I've seen one this morning that looked green but all others are pea sized, if not a tad larger and are purple. Is this normal?

Both trees are in full sun all day. The Meyer might get a little less due to the nearby palm but still mostly full sun.

I'll post pictures tonight of both if I can get good ones. If not, I'll post in the morning.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH