SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
strawchicago

April 6, 2016 - Tips for: roses, garden, health, happiness, recipes

strawchicago z5
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Best tip for roses: solid & granular fertilizer only when there's weekly rain. If there's no rain, then soluble fertilizer. Acidic rain is need to break down the minerals for plants to utilize.

Best tip for happiness: Create your own happiness, rather than depending on others.

Best tip for health: Make good choices for myself 1st, before someone make bad choices for me. Make good choices for one's health, so the doc. won't give me bad & expensive choices like taking drugs.

Best tip on weight-loss is from below link:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/weightloss/40-best-and-worst-celebrity-weight-loss-tips/ss-BBr9ca2#image=29

"Former Victoria's Secret Angel Miranda Kerr swears on record that a daily spoonful of unrefined coconut oil is the best way to beat the bloat.

Tip: Though it's a fat, coconut oil has been shown to scorch belly flab. A study of 30 men in the journal Pharmacology found that those who consumed two tablespoons of coconut oil a day shrank their waists by an average of 1.1 inches in one month. "

"I always start with ginger tea, which is black tea with milk, honey, ginger, and cardamom," Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi tells about her breakfast ritual. "Then I'll have a green juice with kale, beets, mint, apple, carrots, and ginger or a three-egg-white, one-yolk scramble. If I'm hungry, I'll add half a cup of 1 percent cottage cheese to the eggs."

** From Straw: I watch Padma Lakshmi on TV, she's very thin food-taster and cooking-judge. Whey protein (in yogurt or cottage cheese) is known to curb hunger better than animal protein or eggs .. that was in a study a few days ago.

Below pic. shows the deep colors through watering with molasses (has sugar, iron, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus). The top deep red is Mirandy .. the scent was FANTASTIC with molasses & vinegar to lower my tap-water-pH in hot & dry August.

Deep pink is Evelyn. Yellow is Golden Celebration. Molasses is cheap-soluble-fertilizer for hot & dry weather, but it attracted rose-slugs in rainy weather. Any tips on roses, health, happiness that you know of? Thanks.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES