SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
strawchicago

10/30/15: bad habits, good habits, rose & health tips, recipes

strawchicago z5
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Growing up in a farming town in Michigan, I had a chance to taste RAW cow milk .. that was the most disgusting drink ever: like drinking liquid fat, flavored with cow-manure. I could not handle the second sip.

From Wikipedia: " Raw milk is milk that has not been pasteurized or homogenized. While proponents have stated that there are benefits to consuming raw milk, the medical community has warned of the dangers of consuming unpasteurized milk.[1]"

That milk-facility was clean & modern .. the family who owned it were overweight. The memories & facts help to break my family of the dairy-addiction. Dairy products, even without Monsanto's created hormone, still has many natural hormones. Mark Hyman, M.D. wrote this in the Huffington Post: "

Stay Away from Dairy and Avoid Acne

What we do know is that milk is designed to grow things--namely, babies--and in the case of cow's milk, calves. It is naturally full of what we call anabolic hormones (the same ones that body builders and A Rod use to grow big muscles, and which cause bad acne). These are mostly androgens (like testosterone) and growth hormones including insulin like growth factor 1 (IGF-1). There is no such thing as hormone-free milk.

Here's a short list of the 60-some hormones in your average glass of milk--even the organic, raw, and bovine growth hormone free milk:

• 20α-dihydropregnenolone
  • progesterone (from pregnenolone)
  • 5α-pregnanedione
  • 5α-pregnan-3β-ol-20-one, 20α- and 20β-dihydroprogesterone (from progesterone)
  • 5α-androstene-3β17β-diol
  • 5α-androstanedione
  • 5α-androstan-3β-ol-17-one
  • androstenedione
  • testosterone
  • dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate acyl ester
  • insulin like growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1 and IGF-2)
  • insulin

The famous Nurse's Health Study examining health habits of 47,000 nurses found that those who drank more milk as teenagers had much higher rates of severe acne than those who had little or no milk as teenagers. In other studies of over 10,000 boys and girls from 9 to 15 years old, there was a direct link between the amount of milk consumed and the severity of acne.

It appears that it is not just the anabolic or sex hormones in milk that causes problem but milk's ability to stimulate insulin production. Drinking a glass of milk can spike insulin levels 300 percent. Not only does that cause pimples, but it also may contribute to prediabetes."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/do-milk-and-sugar-cause-a_b_822163.html

The above pic. are Penzeys no-salt, low-salt spices .. really love them. They were the flavors recommended by the cooking forum. Last night I made the best-tasting dish ever: defrost frozen cod, cut them into small cubes, dip into eggs, then coat with cornstarch & Penzey Bouquet Garni spice & Ruth Ann Muskegon seasoning. Then saute with some olive oil.

What are your bad habits, good habits, tips & healthy recipes for this year?

Comments (54)