SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arash_rokni

Advice on cutting tap root

Arash Rokni
8 years ago

Hello all!!

I don't know what I would do without this site!!! So much info and lots of great members providing valuable tips....thank you all!

So, I will be re-potting this little guy and would like to review the steps that I should take just so I don't make any foolish mistakes. What I would like to do is (1) replace potting medium, (2) prune the top and (3) cut the tap root to make the cool radial roots.

Question 1: I have the 1-1-1 gritty mix, should I repot in the gritty mix while operating on the little guy? Or plant in gritty mix first and let it settle in before cutting the root?

Question 2: When the tap root is cut, what is the glue that people are applying to the severed section (or is glue/bonding agent necessary?) Afterwards, I should let the plant dry for a few days? Should I apply Clonex and/or DynaGro KLN? If so, I presume I do so after the plant has dried and before planting?

Sorry for all the questions lol....hope I didn't miss anything. Any help would be great!!! Thanks again everyone :)

arash_rokni's ideas · More Info

Comments (27)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional