SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ritaweeda

Anyone Else Ever Made Butt-Ugly Food?

ritaweeda
8 years ago

I've got to share this fiasco. Don't be shy, I'm not too proud to admit my disaster, in fact every time I think about it I laugh out loud. I had a bunch of dinner rolls left over from Easter and we don't need to be eating so much bread. I was doing pantry inventory to see what I needed from the store and noticed a can of pumpkin left from the holidays. So I thought - hum - I wonder if this could go into a bread pudding?? So when I got back from the store I set in and found a couple of recipes online and melded them together. Well, all I can say is, it actually tasted pretty good but oh, my, did it look AWFUL!! So when my daughter-in-law came to pick up the Grandkids, I put some into a container and sent it home with them. The next morning my son calls me and says "Mom, it actually tasted pretty good but the kids took one look at it and refused. In fact, my smart-a#* grandson took a photo of it with his phone and proceeded to face-book it to all of his friends. I'm sure it's all over the school by now "Look what this poor kid is expected to eat!" LOL! My husband wouldn't even taste it. It really was just too brutal to look at. Today was garbage day so you know the rest of the story.

Comments (19)